Thursday 26 May 2011

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible

Tomorrow (27th May) we set off for a couple of weeks while Chrissie and Dixie, hopefully, complete the Pennine Way. Tilly and I are providing support and accommodation with the van, at a very reasonable rate. See Chrissie's blog for details of their progress thus far (link at the bottom of the page).


To start with, we're off up towards the Tan Hill Inn; alledgedly the highest pub in England. That's where the intrepid pair have got so far. I'm sure Tilly and I will have some fun walks together, but just now she's gone an upset tummy; awwwww, poor thing. Not only that but Dixie's got an ear infection; awwwww again. But it's on the mend with the ear drops which she delights in shaking all over the kitchen!
With luck, we'll all arrive in Kirk Yetholm, just over the border in Scotland, by the end of the two weeks.
My ambition is to wild camp (ie for free) for as many nights as possible on this trip; already have a spot sussed for tomorrow night.
So, no further stuff on here 'til after 12th June.
Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome but please be patient. Thanks to recent rudeness on here I have reinstated moderation. Hence, your comments will appear after I've approved them. Thanks for taking the trouble to visit my blog.