Thursday 21 May 2015

Day 20

Phew! Just sat down to lunch at Costa Coffee in Ayr. I misread the distance from my camp to Ardrossan; thought 35-40 miles - it's 48! Never mind, cracked off 33 rapid miles to here in 3.5 hours; fast for me 'n' the Thorn. It's only 11:30 and just 15 miles to go for the ferry to Arran. Busy rehydrating with tea.


Well, that wasn't quite the plan. Due to various miscalculations it was 60 miles to Ardrossan. Exceeded my previous longest ride by 4 miles and still a few more to do once on Arran. Now waiting for 6pm ferry with two friendly Yorkshire lasses also on LEJOG, also camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome but please be patient. Thanks to recent rudeness on here I have reinstated moderation. Hence, your comments will appear after I've approved them. Thanks for taking the trouble to visit my blog.